10 things that you’d understand if you live in Gurgaon
To live in Gurgaon, India, is to make a statement. Being a resident of this southern suburb of Delhi portrays you as rich, upwardly mobile, modern and supposedly progressive.
However, there are some things that most people would find amusing, if not outright weird about life in Gurgaon.
Here’s a list of things that only a ‘Gurgaonite’ would understand:
- You are used to ‘home delivery’ for everything… including medical tests, chopped vegetables, haircuts, massages and a bikini wax.
- Your life revolves around the word Cyber… Cyber Greens, Cyber City, Cyber Park, Cyber Hub…
- The words ‘Glitzy Building’ and ‘Dirt Road’ seem associated somehow.
- You don’t flinch paying a hundred bucks to park in a landfill.
- You are used to taking a 5 km detour to drive to the point opposite you on the highway.
- 100% power backup is the first qualifying factor when choosing a house.
- You drive 100 meters to the main gate of your condo, to drop your kids to their school bus.
- Your neighbours have been living next to you for 4 years. Yet, you have no clue who they are.
- Your maids just arrived from Malda or Murshidabad, and all of them have a ration card, voters card and an Aadhar card, while you’re still waiting for yours.
- You have no qualms driving up to an open roadside bar in your BMW, then sitting on a ‘khatiya’ and drinking imported liquor, surrounded by cows and buffaloes.
Got stuff to add to this list? Add it in the comments below.